Outreach and Engagement
Hope is on the way.
The opioid crisis continues to engulf every corner of our community. Unfortunately, fewer than 10% of people who need treatment for an addiction to heroin, painkillers and other drugs are gaining access to the care they need to get better. With the Outreach and Engagement team, our mission is to go out and reach those individuals wherever they are in Onondaga, Cayuga, Madison, Oswego and Oneida counties. We do that by bringing hope directly to them and their families. In many cases, we can get individuals on the road to recovery within 24 hours.
How it Works
We have an innovative approach that will get you on the road to recovery. Here is how it works:
- Call us at (315) 401-4288
- Engage with a Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA)
- Schedule a mobile clinical assessment
- Get a referral for the appropriate level of care
- Let us take you to the initial treatment appointment
Our CRPAs are individuals in recovery who have a deep understanding of the local opioid crisis, and the barriers to successful treatment. As your initial contact, they will:
- Develop the right recovery plan
- Link you to social and other support services in your community
- Teach individuals and family members coping skills
- Help you apply for benefits
- Provide crisis support after periods of hospitalization or incarceration
- Accompany you to court appearances and medical appointments
- Engage you with formal recovery support services
- Educate you on various modes of recovery
329 N. Salina St.
Syracuse, NY 13203
Donate to Helio Health
Your gift allows us to provide hope and healing to individuals seeking a fulfilled and empowered life; a chance we believe everyone deserves. Thank you for your generosity.Donate Now