CASAC & CRPA
Addiction Professionals Scholarship
The Helio Health Training Institute was recently awarded “Addiction Professionals Scholarship” funding by New York State Office of Addiction Supports and Services (OASAS). This funding is limited and will be available only between October 1, 2023 and September 30, 2025. The goal of the Addiction Professionals Scholarship Program is to assist OASAS and eligible OMH/DOH-certified/licensed/authorized Providers with employee retention and professional development.
In order to qualify for the program, you are required to complete the following to be considered:
(please note that we have a high number of applications and applicants will be reviewed once all requirements are completed accurately and in full)
- Helio Health Training Institute CASAC Application
- Addiction Professionals Scholarship Program Application Form
- Employment Verification Form only if you are currently employed under one of the following categories:
- OASAS-certified/authorized program
- OMH or DOH-certified Integrated Outpatient Services (IOS-SUD) Program
- DOH Drug User Health/Harm Reduction Program
- A program that provides addiction care (prevention, treatment, recovery, or harm reduction services in another setting not reflected in the above options.
- Three (3) Reference Forms/Letters of Recommendation on affiliate letterhead clearly indicating the signatory’s credentials/title/qualifications to write on the applicant’s behalf.
- Employment Verification Form may be submitted in lieu of one (1) Reference Form/Letter of Recommendation and is REQUIRED for any applicants who are working in an OASAS/OMH/DOH-certified setting and/or within a setting along the addictions continuum of care at the time of application.
- Personal Statement (for individuals not currently employed in the addictions field).
If you do not meet the requirements, we have additional grants available and can be found in the Helio Health Training Institute CASAC Application.
CASAC Initial Training
Helio Health’s Training Institute is recognized by New York State Addiction Services and Supports to provide the 350-hour initial certification and training for Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors.
The full 350-hour course is divided into four sections consistent with the OASAS initial credentialing requirements. Each section can be taken individually or consecutively, based on the student’s individual needs.
Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA)
This 50-hour course offers the four required modules and meets the training/certification requirements of the ASAP-NYCB for the CRPA certification. This intensive course will cover:
10hrs of advocacy
10hrs of mentoring and education
10hrs of recovery and wellness supports
16hrs of ethics
4hrs Medication Supported Recovery
At the end of this course, participants will be eligible to apply for provisional CRPA status (CRPA-P) and sit for the ASAP-NYCB /IC&RC Peer Recovery Exam If after reviewing this information you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
518 James Street
Syracuse, NY 13203
Binghamton Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
249 Glenwood Road, Building One
Binghamton, NY 13905
Pathways of Helio Health Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
1850 Brighton Henrietta Town Line Rd.
Rochester, NY 14623