Social Distancing Guidelines for the In-Person Race
Adhering to local, state, and federal guidelines, we are adopting the following social distancing protocols for the in-person event:
- Start times will be staggered to discourage large groups from forming. Each start time will be limited to 50 participants.
- All participants must strive to maintain social distance whenever possible.
- All participants must wear a mask when they are unable to maintain six feet of distance from another participant.
- Participants are encouraged to arrive no more than half an hour prior to their designated start time.
- We will be redesigning the course to accommodate separate start and finish lines and to minimize course overlap.
- Participants who are feeling ill, running a fever, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive, or who are under quarantine are encouraged to participate virtually.
How to Participate Virtually
The 2021 Run for Recovery will connect runners, recovery advocates, and concerned citizens from across our community for a celebration of hope and healing. On Saturday, May 15th, we will make a statement, as hundreds of people to take the streets, the sidewalks and even the woods to raise awareness for substance use and mental health disorders.
The unique nature of this event allows you to participate from wherever you are and in whatever way is safest for you. Wear your Run for Recovery shirt. Share your spirit with us on social media. Give hope.
Register for the event to receive your 2021 customized race shirt and sunglasses.
Fundraise to start the conversation – and earn some cool swag.
Join the community – from wherever you are – on May 15th as we walk, run, roll, or hike three miles.
Share your run with us on social media, see how others participated, and win fun prizes!
I’m participating virtually. How will I receive my complimentary race shirt, bib, and sunglasses? We will be mailing out shirts, bibs, and sunglasses to our virtual participants after the event. You may also pick up your packet at our packet pick-up, which will be held in early May. Please contact if you would like to request alternative accommodations.
Tips & Tricks
We know asking for donations can be a daunting task, so we’ve created a few resources to get you started! Check out our Social Media Guide and our Fundraising Tips for Hope & Healing.