Last Updated: May 18, 2023
Helio Health, Inc. (“Helio” or “Organization” or “We” or “Us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. Helio Health is dedicated to transforming the lives of those struggling with substance abuse and mental health disorders, and provides a variety of services including general healthcare, housing services, training and family support to those individuals (collectively, “Services”).
This Policy applies to information We collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through providing our Services to you.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any other website operated by Organization or any third party, including our affiliates; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
As a provider of healthcare related services, We may be subject to certain laws and regulations governing the use and disclosure of Personal Health Information (“PHI”). Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and its implementing regulations (“HIPAA”), certain demographic, health, and/or health-related information that We receive from you to provide our Services may be considered PHI. To provide our Services, We may receive your PHI and may collect, use, and disclose other Personal Data (as outlined below). We do not knowingly collect any of your PHI on our Website. Please do not submit any health information through the Website. Please contact Us directly with such information.
We will only use and disclose your PHI as allowed under HIPAA and will use reasonable and appropriate safeguards designed to protect the PHI that We store and process. For more information concerning HIPAA, please refer to the Helio Health Notice of Privacy Practices.
Children Under the Age of 13:
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may directly provide any personal data to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal data directly from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If We learn We have collected or received personal data from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information. If you believe We might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact Us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It:
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and those We service depending on your interaction with the Website or Us. Through the use of the Website or our Services, We may collect (collectively “Your Information”):
- Personal Data: By which you may be personally identified, such as first and last name, e-mail address, billing and mailing address, phone number, geolocation data, information related to your social media presence, or any other information you may submit through your use of the Website (“Personal Data”).
- Application Data: Personal Data inserted into applications for jobs with Helio, including but not limited to your resume information, the Personal Data outlined above, and other information requested on employment applications. All such data shall also be considered “Personal Data” under this Policy. Application Data and our application webpage is provided by a third party service provider, who may have access to such data to provide the services to Helio. The third party service provider may not use the information submitted for any other purpose other than providing its services to Helio.
- Usage Data: Data may be collected from you automatically when you access our Website about how you access and use the Website (“Usage Data”). Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), internet domain, browser type, browser version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, browser history, operating system, analytic data, and other diagnostic data.
- Aggregate Data: Helio may collect data that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as statistical information and analytic data relating to Website usage.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Us including:
- Information that you provide when you subscribe for our newsletter on the Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Information you provide to Us when you sign up or receive our Services.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website.
Technologies Used for Automatic Data Collection:
We may use “cookies” to collect certain information to ensure that you get the most out of the Website. A cookie is a file stored on your computer or device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your computer or device. When you visit the Website again, the cookie allows the Website to recognize your browser. Cookies allow Us to improve the Website’s usability and to personalize the content for you.
We may use the following cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are required for maintaining security, improving Website navigation, accessing secure areas of the Website, and storing products in our online cart, among other essential functions. These cookies cannot be disabled.
- Performance Cookies – We use these cookies to monitor our Website performance and collect data on how visitors use our Website.
- Targeting Cookies – We use these cookies to track user preferences for videos on our Website, for advertisement efficiency, and for other marketing purposes.
Google Analytics is a web analytics website offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google Websites. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
We may use the information collected through Our Website or these third parties to market our Services to you.
Third Party Links and Social Media Platforms:
We may receive some information that you submit to a third-party website or application that you access through the Website, including but not limited to information from your social media profile if you connect with Us on Social Media Platforms.
How We May Use Your Information:
Helio may use Your Information for the following purposes:
- To grant you access to the Website.
- To provide and maintain our Website.
- To provide our Services to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, regarding updates or informative communications.
- To manage your requests and to provide customer support.
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues.
- To prevent and detect criminal and/or fraudulent activity that would be damaging to you and us.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that We can improve our Website.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information:
We may disclose aggregated information and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Helio’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Helio or others is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide. For example, if you leave Us feedback with contact information to contact you, We may use such information for that purpose.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose Your Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply agreements between you and Helio.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Helio, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding Your Information. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers from Helio: We may use your Personal Data to provide you with newsletters, marketing, or promotion materials. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Helio to promote our Services or Website, you can opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email or by sending Us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helio Health is a nonprofit entity based in the State of New York in the United States. We provide this Website only for use of individuals located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website, its accessibility, or its content is appropriate or your access to it is legal outside of the United States. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so at your own initiative and risk, and consent to potential processing, collection, and transfer of your Personal Data to a country that may have different privacy laws and that may or may not be as comprehensive as your own.
We have implemented measures designed to secure Your Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, the safety and security of Your Information also depends on you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.