Trauma 101 (Tx/Prev) March 12
March 12 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Cost – $120.00
This offering is specifically designed for Treatment and Prevention providers.
This one-day training provides participants with foundational knowledge about how psychological trauma and adversity may impact the health and well-being of individuals within the OASAS system of care. Participants will also learn and identify how they can use trauma-informed approaches in their roles with patients/clients/students and the workforce to reduce the potential of re-traumatization. This training is appropriate for any treatment or prevention professional.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain trauma and adversity and how they impact individuals
- Understand the relationship between trauma and substance use
- Recognize the impact of trauma on the workforce
- Recognize the potential for re-traumatization within treatment/prevention settings
- Identify specific trauma-informed values/principles (safety, trustworthiness, choice, collaboration, empowerment) and approaches that can be utilized in their role with
patients/clients/students and the workforce