Helio Health has an integrated system of care that includes links to other expert providers to offer support with more than just medical concerns. Your Care Manager will help connect you with services that benefit your life.
What is a Health Home?
A Health Home is not a place. It is care coordination that can help you with medical, behavioral health, and social needs. After enrollment you will be assigned a Care Manager who will coordinate care with your service providers so
you can get, and stay, healthy.
How Can a Health Home Help?
• If you require regular medical care for a chronic mental health or medical condition
• If you have been to the emergency department or hospital multiple times in the past 6-12 months
• If you have trouble keeping track of your medical appointments
• If you need a safe place to live
• If you need help establishing a health system.
What Does Care Coordination Look Like?
• Assistance with housing and food
• Linkage to transportation, childcare and legal services
• Connection with medical, mental health, and substance use disorder providers
• Transitional Support – assistance with discharge planning from medical settings
• Coordination with community supports to keep you healthy
• Patient and family support
• 24-hour phone accessibility
How Do I Qualify?
In order to qualify for Health Home Services you need to be receiving or eligible for Medicaid and have ONE of the following:
• Diagnosis of significant mental illness
Two or more chronic health conditions including but not limited to:
• Heart Disease
• Mental Health Condition
• Substance Use Disorder
Enrollment in the Health Home is free and easy to do. You can call us directly or discuss with your service provider. Referrals can also be madeby Medicaid, a Managed Care Plan, a doctor, specialist, hospital, emergency department, discharge planner, or Social Service District.
329 North Salina Street
Syracuse, NY 13202